Gigawiz
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie

Battleye and Linux based servers

Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:48 am

Hello all!

With today's Battleye update, I went to launch my servers (which run on Ubuntu 14.04 at the moment) and when battleye is enabled the server loads up, but before it loads the spawn area it shuts itself back down. Setting "BattlEye_Secure": false in the config.json allowed the server to boot up again, but I was wondering if anyone was able to get it working on linux or has any suggestions!

-Giga
0 x

BlueOrange
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie

Re: Battleye and Linux based servers

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:55 am

I am also having this issue. Disabling Battleeye makes the server work, but owners of large servers, like myself, want to be able to use the anticheat aswell as it keeps the server clean.
0 x

tortellio
Civilian Zombie
Civilian Zombie
Website
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:36 am

Gigawiz wrote:Hello all!

With today's Battleye update, I went to launch my servers (which run on Ubuntu 14.04 at the moment) and when battleye is enabled the server loads up, but before it loads the spawn area it shuts itself back down. Setting "BattlEye_Secure": false in the config.json allowed the server to boot up again, but I was wondering if anyone was able to get it working on linux or has any suggestions!

-Giga

i can run linux ubuntu 12.04 server with battleye enabled
0 x
Collaboration is better than Competition

Gigawiz
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:26 am

Did you have any additional steps when you updated? Any extra packages to install?
0 x

ParadoxGaming
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie
Website

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Most likely we missed a step. Due to him saying that he got it to work but the other guys didn't OR he is just flat out lying to us.
0 x

tortellio
Civilian Zombie
Civilian Zombie
Website
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Gigawiz wrote:Did you have any additional steps when you updated? Any extra packages to install?

no i just updated my unturned, and the config aumatically generated, it say vac true and battleye true, and my server is battleye required
u can check it
ip: 209.58.180.208
port: 27015
0 x

Immersive
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Hey, some more people running Unturned on Linux. I was using Linux a couple months ago and couldn't keep the server stable. I ended up moving to Windows 2012r2 for this reason. Have you all been able to get the server stable under Linux? My server would just kick multiple people at random all the time.
0 x

tortellio
Civilian Zombie
Civilian Zombie
Website
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:18 am

Immersive wrote:Hey, some more people running Unturned on Linux. I was using Linux a couple months ago and couldn't keep the server stable. I ended up moving to Windows 2012r2 for this reason. Have you all been able to get the server stable under Linux? My server would just kick multiple people at random all the time.

it stable until there are so many bases in the server, it start the lag spikes (network)
0 x

Return to “General Unturned Discussion”