MisterOwl
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie

Creating gamemodes? Is it possible?

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:01 pm

Is it possible to create a gamegame mode, with an objective, timelimit, ect? I couldn't find any information on it and wasn't sure if the game had enough modding support for that to work.

Thanks-
0 x

LjMjollnir
Mega Zombie
Mega Zombie

Re: Creating gamemodes? Is it possible?

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:11 pm

It sure is possible.. you'l need to either write your own plugin to do it... or you could perhaps ask Leezazombie for his ;)

i have one aswell but im not giving that out to people at this point in time..
0 x
RoCon - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2479
AutoVehicleUnlocker - Private Mod

MisterOwl
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Why the secrecy? :lol:
Is there a generic template out there, or anything I could attempt to reverse engineer?
I know a bit of JSON but that's pretty much it. Haha.
0 x

LjMjollnir
Mega Zombie
Mega Zombie

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:09 pm

My issue is with the licensing agreement here on the rocket forums...
All plugins must come with source provided, All tools must have source provided.
Im not a very neat programmer ;) and i know there is tonns of things i could do better.. but what i write works for me 8)... and ive had my programs stolen in the past.. lost alot of friends in the process.. while i do like the idea of open source i dont believe it should be forced onto people.. quite often i will share pieces of my code .. but rarely the entire thing.

So if i was to give you my MpModes plugin i would also need to provide source.. which is something im not willing to do 8)

Leezazombie has a deathmatch plugin i think his has objective based play aswell.. like capture points and things.. send him a message he might give you his.
i know his stuff has alot more advanced stuff in it aswell.. but also uses workshop items for UI's n stuff... my approach is to avoid workshop content.. i dont want to force my players to download things to play.
1 x

ParadoxGaming
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie
Website

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:06 pm

LjMjollnir wrote:My issue is with the licensing agreement here on the rocket forums...
All plugins must come with source provided, All tools must have source provided.
Im not a very neat programmer ;) and i know there is tonns of things i could do better.. but what i write works for me 8)... and ive had my programs stolen in the past.. lost alot of friends in the process.. while i do like the idea of open source i dont believe it should be forced onto people.. quite often i will share pieces of my code .. but rarely the entire thing.

So if i was to give you my MpModes plugin i would also need to provide source.. which is something im not willing to do 8)

Leezazombie has a deathmatch plugin i think his has objective based play aswell.. like capture points and things.. send him a message he might give you his.
i know his stuff has alot more advanced stuff in it aswell.. but also uses workshop items for UI's n stuff... my approach is to avoid workshop content.. i dont want to force my players to download things to play.

You can buy licensing for your plugin through Giga. Giga and I have talked about licensing for a very long time and it's done. If you want to buy it, I'll send him a quick message saying so. Unfortunately, the source code thing is going to be a problem. lol, Hope you find a solution.
0 x

LjMjollnir
Mega Zombie
Mega Zombie

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:30 am

ParadoxGaming wrote:You can buy licensing for your plugin through Giga. Giga and I have talked about licensing for a very long time and it's done. If you want to buy it, I'll send him a quick message saying so. Unfortunately, the source code thing is going to be a problem. lol, Hope you find a solution.

I believe you miss understand what licensing i am talking about

i am talking about this
viewtopic.php?f=44&p=9823#p9823

Specifically
All plugins using the RocketAPI are licensed under GPLv2 and the source code has to be given to the user upon request. This also counts for paid plugins.

I can handle my own licensing servers for authentication and use if i desired.. that is no problem at all.. thats not an issue ;).. its the requirement of having to provide source that bugs me ;)
0 x

ParadoxGaming
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie
Website

Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:07 pm

LjMjollnir wrote:
ParadoxGaming wrote:You can buy licensing for your plugin through Giga. Giga and I have talked about licensing for a very long time and it's done. If you want to buy it, I'll send him a quick message saying so. Unfortunately, the source code thing is going to be a problem. lol, Hope you find a solution.

I believe you miss understand what licensing i am talking about

i am talking about this
viewtopic.php?f=44&p=9823#p9823

Specifically
All plugins using the RocketAPI are licensed under GPLv2 and the source code has to be given to the user upon request. This also counts for paid plugins.

I can handle my own licensing servers for authentication and use if i desired.. that is no problem at all.. thats not an issue ;).. its the requirement of having to provide source that bugs me ;)

Oh, lol I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding. I was also wondering if I can have your Duty plugin, if you don't mind.
0 x

Alekaei
Civil Servant Zombie
Civil Servant Zombie
Website

Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Yea its possible, I myself was working on a CSGO plugin for unturned, unfortunately due to school I had to stop but its definitely possible, a lot of knowledge is needed though
0 x

Return to “General Unturned Discussion”